[FAIRWIND] How to setup the FairWind system on UDOO (or Ubuntu system)
Finally it was time to try the system really FairWind!
This tutorial explains how to prepare the operating system and install the system on our FairWind Udoo (or any version of operating system Ubuntu-like).
Obviously, the steps may seem a bit difficult and not available to everyone.
If you fail don't despair! A day will come out a image for Udoo ready to use!
For those who do not want to wait or want to challenge themselves in this tutorial follow the steps:
1) Open the Terminal
2) Install the dependencies:
3) Make a folder opt and move in it:
4) Download the FairWind environment from the official BitBucket repository:
5) Install the dependencies necessary for python:
6) Install OpenCPN as tutorial http://osp.uniparthenope.it/?q=node/27
7) Enable hardware acceleration in OpenCPN settings:
8) Add the Plugin for return to Home from OpenCPN:
9) Open OpenCPN -> Options -> Plugins -> Enable Launcher -> Preferences Launcher -> add --> Label=Home -> Command= wmctrl -r "OpenCPN 3.3.2316" -b toggle,hidden
10) Install firefox:
11) Enable the installation of old version of add-ons:
open browser -> url= "about:config" -->allow warning-> right click mouse -> new -> boolean -> extensions.checkCompatibility.<versione_corrente> --> false --> restart browser
12) Add add-ons to firefox: fxKeyboard & R-Kiosk (find on Google and download from firefox)
13) Delete the loading bar of the browser:
14) Install kplex:
And now we are finally ready to launch the FairWind environment!
Change to the directory fairwind (cd /opt/fairwind from terminal) and issue the command:
if you have a Udoo 7" monitor or
if you are testing on full screen or another type of board.
Don't forget to throw (every day) hg pull from the directory fairwind to receive the latest updates in real time!
In case of difficulties or errors in some step contact me and I will try to answer you quickly!
At the next tutorial!
Core and Gui Developer - Hardware expert - OSP Team